Monday, May 29, 2006

Summertime, and the living's easy...

I've been trying to really enjoy this weekend, because I start my summer job tomorrow. Friday was the last working day for teachers, as I mentioned in my last entry. It was a really busy day, and then a bunch of teachers met at Applebee's to say goodbye. The White Witch paid for appetizers AND drinks! Actually, I was rather impressed. It was sad to say goodbye to some of them, but others I know I will see over the summer. I just can't imagine not seeing them again...Saturday we helped Mason's babysitter and her family move. It was pretty much an all day event. They had quite a few people from church helping out, but there was the old place to clean up and move and the new place to move things into. It was crazy trying to help, when I had Mason running around getting into everything. He found her old stash of baby bottles, so he had fun with those (he hasn't seen one at our house since Spring Break). Needless to say, we were pretty tuckered out after that. Yesterday, my husband worked most of the day, and Mason and I ran errands. Later, we all met at the YMCA (where I'll be working), so we could get our membership cards and take Mason to the pool. That was a blast. At first, he didn't know what to do. He just gripped onto my hand and wouldn't move. Then, he slowly warmed up to it, and before long, he was splashing all over the place and wanting to get away from our reach. It was so cute to see him in swim trunks. He looked like such a big boy!! The other day my husband cut Mason's hair and when I saw it, I almost cried. He looks like a boy, not a baby. I just can't believe how fast he's growing...Anyways, today is the last day of the weekend. Thank goodness for Memorial Day. (Thanks to all our veterans out there, including my husband!!) Today I plan to do laundry and go to Walmart. Yippee. When my husband gets off work, we are gonna have a little cookout. It's a beautiful day, and it's expected that you barbecue on Memorial Day, isn't it?

I guess that's it. That was my weekend. Tomorrow's my first day of work. I'll be with 5th-8th graders, doing "Adventure" activities, like swimming, hiking, outdoor games, going to a lake, going to the movies, etc. It should be fun. Busy and exhausting, but fun. So, if you don't see any new entries for awhile, you'll know why. I won't be off until 6pm every night, so I may not feel up to writing--at least for the first few days. So I'm signing off for now.

1 comments:

Mrs. Bluebird said...

Have a blast with the summer job! And enjoy that pool!