Tuesday, May 23, 2006

It's a bittersweet feeling

There are 2 days left of school, which leaves me a mix of emotions. I am so relieved that the school year is over and I will no longer be employed by Jadis the White Witch (Narnia reference). Every teacher rejoices at the thought of summer. I am glad it's over. Some of the kids wore me out and made me crazy. But even the pain-in-the-tushy ones have a place in my heart. I will never see some of them again. Granted, I live in the same town as these kids, so it's still possible. I'm also sad that I won't be socializing, gossiping and laughing with some of the ladies from work. They shared my frustrations and helped me get through the insanity that was our workplace. And I'm always nervous and anxious about starting at a new school. Every year I've taught has felt like my first year, since I've been in a different school all 5 years I've taught. Ah well, things settle quickly and I'll get over it. The whole thing just makes me sigh and wipe away a tear and laugh maniacally at the same time...

1 comments:

Mrs. Bluebird said...

I know what you mean. Part of me is sad to see them go, but another part of me is glad. It's the 8th graders that leave that I miss the most. I enjoyed having some of them come back and visit nearly every morning.