Monday, May 15, 2006

It's hot as Hades today!

I went on a field trip with the Resource kids to the local zoo today. I have to say I was rather impressed. I honestly assumed that the zoo population mainly consisted of wooded animals from this area, like: squirrels, raccoons, and some woodpeckers. Granted, there were javelinas, badgers, coyotes, mountain lions and black bears. But, there were also peacocks, lemurs and other animals from other parts of the world. There was an educational tour that was very informative, but it's just too darn hot to be walking around looking at animals that are mostly in hiding. The black bear had the right idea: he was splashing around in his pool and trying to cool off. I even started feeling woozy and my stomach churned.

Needless to say, because Mason is also down with a cold, I left work as soon as we got back from the field trip and I took Mason home. In fact, he's currently throwing a fit in his crib. He's tired, but refusing to sleep. That's so frustrating.

Anyways, I guess he's won the fight and I will go get him.

0 comments: