Sunday, May 21, 2006

Good changes

First thing's first: I changed my blog. Just in case you're blind and didn't notice the change...then again, if you're blind, you can't read this anyways. Unless someone is reading it to you, in which case, this would be the time when the reader needs to describe the yellow and green polka dots and fun, summery themed background. Anyways, I just decided it was time for a change. Again. If you know me, then you already know that I like to switch things up a bit every once in awhile (my husband things I change things too often--like the furniture and previous classroom setups), because I get bored of looking at the same thing all the time. So there ya go.

Second and much bigger change: I got a job for next school year!! Ya-hoo!! It's at the school I interviewed at last week. The principal called me Friday and offered me 7th grade English. I tried not to sound too eager and too excited to get out of the hellhole I call my current place of employment. I am so anxious to get started!! I can't wait to get me own classroom again and just teach English again, and not Math or Science or Social Studies or any other subject that I don't enjoy teaching. Or at least not half as much as I like teaching English. I've been praying for an answer for my career move for next year, and BAM! I got my answer. And it's at the school I wanted all along. I can't stop smiling about it.

My Ladies' Retreat I attended this weekend was really nice. We stayed in a hotel and relaxed and prayed and shared stories and cried together. It was a peaceful, spiritual experience. Daddy had Mason while I was gone and he said he gained a better appreciation for what I do and for single mothers that don't have anyone to help them. It was a nice time to be away from the stresses of day-to-day crap.

Now I just have to get through the next 4 days--the last 4 days of school!! Let the angels sing and the trumpets sound, we're in the home stretch, people!! The kids are nuts and have been for a month or so now. Spring Fever is in full swing and we are all ready for the year to be over. It's bittersweet though, because I'll miss the kids (most of them anyways) and the people I work (just not the person I work for). I hope to keep in contact with some ladies from work, because there are some good people there. The fun thing is that I might just have a handful of my current 6th graders next year, as some are moving on to that particular middle school. That should be something. At least I'll know what to expect with some of my students. And with middle schoolers, it's good to be prepared.

1 comments:

Mrs. Bluebird said...

Yahoo! I'm so glad you got the job you wanted and you'll be back teaching 7th grade!!!! Man, I can't wait to hear your stories next year!!! BTW, remember Mrs. Hutch? She retired this year after 36 at NPMS.