Sunday, May 07, 2006

Pooped

What a weekend. Yesterday in my entry I know I sounded either pissed off, distracted or annoyed. I wasn't really any of those things. Just busy. I just wanted to drop a line here yesterday morning, before we headed to the family get-together, and before Princess BAF whined about me not writing in a few days. ;) So, not to worry.

The visit with the in-laws was good. Mason got to meet his 3rd cousin (we think that's what she is. she's my husband's cousin's daughter), Janae for the first time. She's 2 months younger and quite a little doll. They had fun playing and taking toys from each other. It was cute. We had a cookout and visited with everyone for most of the day. Then, around 4, we left for home. Mason was pooped out from all the playing, running around outside and getting so much attention. When we got home, we vegged until bedtime.

Today, we went to church this morning and then my husband went off to work. I attempted to clean the house. I say "attempted", because I was somewhat productive, until Mason awoke from his nap. I was able to get our bathroom scrubbed (which I absolutely despise doing at all. I even cleaned the shower!! mark it on the calendar!!), did some dishes and straighened up the house a bit. I still had Easter stuff out, so I packed that up...There isn't another significant holiday that I have decorations for, until Halloween. That's a long way away. Maybe I should get something for the 4th of July. I'll look into that...After the cleaning, we went to Target, so I could get a few things for my Disneyland trip (in 4 days!!). I am actually pretty excited now. I was really nervous before (which I still am, in the back of my mind), but now I'm just focused on how fun it will be and the memories I'll have. I just hope I'm able to get some sleep on the way there, because I'm not equipped to stay up all night like I used to be (remember Kelly, when we stayed up all night in middle school?! God, I couldn't do that now, if I tried!).

In a bit, we're gonna go bring Daddy dinner at work. It'll be the first time doing that, at this job anyways. Should be kinda fun.

Well, Mason's playing with my phone on the floor next to me, and I better go before he calls Zimbabwe...

0 comments: