Friday, May 26, 2006

The silly and petty things don't matter

Yesterday was the last day for the kids. It was emotional. Today was crazy and stressful, as it was the last day for teachers. I helped teachers clean, pack and move rooms. I got pissed at my principal on a couple of occasions in just a few short hours and reminded myself how glad I was that I wasn't working there anymore. I complained and I gossiped. But it all doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things.

I got an email from a friend and former coworker at a school I used to teach at, with some very sad news: one the of the students we taught drowned in a river recently. He was playing near it, and him and his friend dove in and got caught by the current and went under. His body was found at midnight last night. If you want to read a respectful summary of the incident and honorable description of the student, read Bluebird's blog (see "Bluebird's Classroom" on my links list).

Philipp was a good boy. He talked a lot and liked to get out of his seat for random reasons, but he was a good boy. I pray for his family as they try to get through this agonizing time. I don't know what else to say, other than my petty issues and lame complaints about work and whatnot don't matter. Life is too precious and there are people going through things right at this moment that are far more painful and excrutiating than anything I could be whining about right now.

1 comments:

Mrs. Bluebird said...

Thanks for your post on Philipp. I went to the visitation today and talked with his mom for a bit. She said she could feel everyone's prayers, so I'm sure yours was in there. It truly means a lot to her.