Sunday, September 18, 2005

Problem solved

So, we've decided to pull Mason out of his current daycare (for many reasons, but maily because I hate having him in an environment where he's exposed to so many kids and so many germs), and put him in an in-home setting. We have chosen a lady that comes highly recommended to us by two fellow staff members at my work. She only watches one other baby and she's such a nice person. I've talked to her a couple of times on the phone, and I get a really warm, caring vibe from her. We're gonna go over there Wednesday evening and meet her in person and check out her place. I have a feeling that it's gonna be a great place though. I just feel so much better now that we've made a decision and he will be with someone that can fill his needs with more immediacy than a full-fledged daycare can.

We've had a nice weekend, on a separate note. Yesterday we went to Chili's, because it just opened in our town!! Yum yum!! It was really nice to get out and Mason enjoyed himself too, as he usually does in public. He wanted to trade the waitress his toy rings for her notepad, but she of course had no use for the rings and he would just eat the notepad. Everything goes in his mouth these days. And I mean everything: dog toys, the edge of the living room area rug, potpourri, pens, car keys, and of course his own appendages. It's cute, but makes us much more wary parents than before. Whenever he's rolling his tongue around in his mouth, we do the "What do you have?" and fish around in his mouth for whatever object he may have found tasty. Sometimes it's just his own tongue and then we can breathe a sigh of relief...Anyways, then this morning it was so nice out that Mason and I hung out outside for a bit and I of course took a few candid shots of my beautiful baby. He loves being outside and he just wants to explore everything. And I think he's beginning to realize he has a shadow. It's very cheap entertainment. It's too bad they couldn't stay that easily entertained forever. Someday his shadow and his fingers and the dog will be replaced with much more expensive gadgets and toys...

So that was my weekend in a nutshell. (Where did that saying come from, anyways? Why a nutshell?) And tomorrow I shall try to find time to write, even if I have a "case of the Mondays" (a little "Office Space" reference for ya...)

0 comments: