Monday, September 19, 2005

The news is out

So I told the girls at Mason's daycare that his last day will be Wednesday. They were a bit shocked but understanding. It's going to be weird not going there anymore. I worked there for almost a year and Mason attended there for 6 months. I guess it's somewhat bittersweet, but not really. I won't be sad, just weirded out as always to change.

I've gotten word that Mason's new daycare provider is very preachy and religious so we'll see how that goes. I don't mind that she's a devout Christian nor do I mind if she mentions religion to me, but I don't want it crammed down my throat. I am relgious even if I don't go to church. Some people don't think that, but that's how I was raised. You can pray, reflect on your spirituality and worship in your own ways, without stepping foot in a church. Granted, I would like to find us a church that feels like a second home as a few in my past have. But, it's hard when there seem to be more churches than there are people around here!! There are only so many Sundays in the year, people!! I don't want to take the next 5 years of "church shopping" to find the one that's right for us. Either way, I'm not a sinner for not attending church. I just hope Mason's caregiver thinks the same way. I don't want a scene of her shaking a bible over my head and screaming, "Redemption!" I know, I'm a bit of a cynic. But those of you who know me already know that well, don't you?

Work was good today, by the way. My resource kids were well behaved for the most part and enjoyed practicing their spelling words for over a half an hour. There's something to be said for that. Only one student gives me trouble and really even that isn't all that severe. I just think he has self esteem and self confidence issues that stem from his family life, which in turn diminishes his motivation to work in school. But overall, he's at least still trying. My 6th graders are the same lunatics as always. Two were competing in a round of The Quiet Game during class. It got a little old, when one had his hand up, I called on him and he tried to mouth out the words of his question. I said that if he doesn't speak out loud, I'm not answering. If you feed into their madness, they will suck you in. And I certainly don't need to advance a level in the world of insanity...

0 comments: