Sunday, September 25, 2005

Don't panic, I'm alive...

So yeah, I've been slacking on this lately. Oops. It's mainly because I'm lazy (if you haven't picked up on that trait of mine already), and also because I haven't had much to say. The week has been somewhat mundane I suppose. I don't know. Enough with the excuses...

I'm trying to think what to fill you in on and I'm drawing a blank. Well, good news with Mason's new caregiver. She's really nice and it's working out so nicely. She has two kids that go to the school I teach at, so I just bring Mason to work, and she comes to my class and gets him about 15 minutes after I get there. Neither of us waste time traveling when we don't need to, and he gets lots of attention by all involved. My fellow teachers love holding him, talking to him and loving on him. And the students, well, they're just entertained by something so small that makes funny noises and gives them strange faces. I just feel so content about the new situation and so darned relieved that he doesn't have to be exposed to the ginormous amount of germs and nastiness that breeds in daycares. Plus, he's with the same lady everyday and she thinks he's cute. :)

Work is chugging along and going well. Not much to say in that area I guess. So let's move on. This weekend has been busy but good. My husband hasn't had to work much, so it's been nice to have him around and live like normal people--well, live like normal people, not be normal people. Let's not get crazy or anything. We ran some errands yesterday and watched "Napoleon Dynamite". I guess it was funny and somewhat entertaining, but I don't see what all the hubub is all about. Many of my students have "Give me some of your tots" and "Vote for Pedro" shirts and I never got it. I've seen the movie, I get it, but I didn't laugh as much as I feel I should have. I'm sure I'll disappoint them. Oh well. Today, we went to do some home shopping, but it's so stressful and complicated. We're still trying to figure out how to make it happen, but I don't know. I hate renting, but at least it's less hassle. On a lighter note, we're going to the local county fair tonight, mainly to look around and get out of the house. And of course so Mason can meet his first Carnies. ;) Dinner's ready. Have a good week to all.

0 comments: