Saturday, September 10, 2005

All is well

So, Mason's eye is looking better and we pray that it stays that way. Yesterday, I stayed home with him and plugged him full of eye drops (well, not plugged, but battled him a bit). It was a worthwhile day off too, which was nice. I organized some bins of teaching stuff (specifically the Language Arts stuff, because the 6th grade teacher really wants me to take over that subject, which is perfectly fine with me. It's better than math, because that would be a backwards step for those kids...), picked up some fall/winter clothes for Mason (since it's already starting to cool down and he's quickly growing out of his clothes) and did some other shopping. It was nice to have an actual week day to be out and about. And I didn't feel guilty being out, since it wasn't like Mason was sick nor was I.

Today, we enjoyed the beautiful weather (I'm so ready for the summer heat to be over and done with and the nice cool fall weather to take its place!) by going to the downtown square. Mason loved rolling around in the grass and watching the people that walked by. It was his first dirty feet moment. He was reveling in the exciting feel of wet grass between his toes, so his little toesies got nice and greenish brown. He's never really gotten dirty, but it was the first of many many moments to come, I'm sure. At least it was somewhat easy to clean him up, as opposed to future endeavors that might require a power washer and sander...

0 comments: