Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Not your average teenage angst

I have a student we will call Hormone Boy (better than what he calls himself--Inside Out Oreo because apparently he is convinced that he's black, even though he's quite caucasion). He has had a problem with PDA (public displays of affection, aka kissy kissy with his girlie friend) lately. Three different teachers have caught him in the hall, swapping spit with her. Well, last Friday, Mrs. Red (another 8th grade L.A. teacher) decided to nail him on it. She wrote him up an ASD and pulled the girl aside later. Mrs. Red told the Kissy Girl that her mother would be called and that she could choose her kissing partners more wisely. Mom and Dad were called. And Dad was livid. At his daughter. And worse, at Hormone Boy. Yesterday, Kissy Girl's dad came to school to discuss the matter with administration, and who does he see walking down the halls? Yep, Hormone Boy. This is where it gets hilarious--I mean, sad. Kissy Girl's dad went after him. He yelled at him and started chasing him. Hormone Boy raced back to P.E. and was in hysterics. He was bawling so hard they actually called his mom and he was sent home early. Kissy Girl's dad was banned from campus (as is fair, since it was very much inappropriate for him to attempt to attack a student--but a little funny) and Kissy Girl's schedule was completely rearranged so that she is nowhere near Hormone Boy during the duration of her school day.

Mrs. Red tells me this story today, as we are at Bus Duty. She said that she thought I'd appreciate hearing why he wasn't in my class yesterday afternoon. She asked if Hormone Boy had told me anything about it, and of course he hadn't. I don't know any 8th grade boy that would want that to get out. I'm just surprised another student didn't come blabbing it to me as soon as it happened. I mean, come on, let's face it: middle schoolers have big mouths, they can't keep secrets, and it's just a downright funny anecdote. You know that you at least cracked a smile...

3 comments:

* K * said...

that's too bad. the dad sounds like a psycho.

Mrs. Bluebird said...

Good gracious. How'd Dad even know what the kid looked like? And the crying back to the gym reminds me of one of the little guys we had that year we taught together. Jaylyn or something like that? Didn't make the Basketball team and wailed and cried all through the halls...

Princess Lionhead said...

Yeah, I remember him. His mom worked at the school and she came to my class one day to yell at him for being disrespectful to me, and he cried the rest of the period.