Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Ah, the 8th grade mastermind...

So, I'm sitting in the front of my 3/4 hour class and I look back at Mouthy Boy (very disrespectful to his fellow peers and always has to have the last word with me) and I notice something sticking out of his ear--headphone buds. I open my hand and make eye contact with him. "What?" he asks. "Give it to me," I say, trying not to disrupt the whole class. But, since he's in the back, and everyone heard me, just about every student whips around to look at what he's got. "Why is everyone looking at me?" he asks, as he fiddles with the headphones. "Because you're disrupting class, and you have something you're not supposed to have," I say. He messes around in his pocket and walks over and hands me the headphones. "And I want what they were attached to," I say, glaring at him. Like I wouldn't know that they went to some sort of musical device! He fishes into his pocket, and Voila! out comes an IPod. Dumb. Like I wouldn't see him with the headphones. Did his other teachers not see this earlier? I just shake my head and inform him that his mommy will have to come to school to pick it up in the office. He grumbles back to his seat. Do they really think they're that slick? I mean, come on!

0 comments: