Wednesday, January 31, 2007

..and the snow snow snow came down down down

I'm ecstatic. It's snowing here. And it's been coming down in bucketsful for about an hour. It's beautiful. And it ups the chances that we might have a Late Start Day tomorrow or even (anxious gasp)...A SNOW DAY. Well, I won't bank on that, but a Late Start would be nice. That means the classes are all shortened and we don't come in until 10:45. How glorious. We haven't had a day like that yet this school year, but we had quite a few last year, and as I recall, a few in a row. But last year I didn't like it, because it meant the Spec. Ed. resource stuff was cancelled and I went directly into the 3rd grade class. This year, it means I have the same schedule, but less time with the little angels!

I have 8th grade boys Lunch and Recess duty today (I said that I would help them out 3 days a week, since they're short-handed and I get paid extra for it). Don't think we'll be going outside. And although it would be kinda fun to go out and build snowmen and make snowangels with 13 year old boys (sarcasm), it's probably best that we don't go. I could just see some kid tripping on a sheet of ice on the sidewalk or a couple of boys getting a hold of some snowballs and pelting them at the weakest of the pack. Not good. Plus, I didn't bring a snowjacket or even a real jacket for that matter today! I wore a sweater and assumed it would be fine by lunchtime. So, it's for the best.

I may let Mason frolick in it when we get home though. It takes a lot of work to get him stuffed into 80 layers of clothes (think: the movie A Christmas Story..."I can't put my arms down!"), but it's worth it when I see his eyes light up and he does a little joggy dance over the snow. His little nose and cheeks turn crimson and you can see his breath. It's hard to get him back inside after that, but oh, the fun he has...

0 comments: