Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Gluttony always makes me feel better

After my encounter with Mouthy Boy 3/4 period, my day just kept getting better (read with sarcasm). My last block just about drove me up the wall. They had plenty to do and not a lot of time to do it in, but still felt entitled to be morons. I admit, about half a dozen of them do what they're supposed to do, when they are supposed to do it, and they don't complain or make smart remarks. But the others, well, that's a different story. It's like sitting in a room chock full of overrated stand-up comedians. I got so tired of their incessant laughing and lame anecdotes. I just sat at my desk and stared with an erupting loathesome feeling. The last 10 minutes of class, I made a blunt statement that I was going to write some ASDs for those who had been noisy the whole time. Amazingly, the whole room got shockingly silent. I said, "isn't it funny how you don't get quiet until you think I'm writing you up?" No response. So, away I went, writing 3 ASDs for the Top 3 Comedians (one being The Charmer). I kept them after class for a moment after everyone else left, and notified them of their write-up. They were of course surprised. I explained why I was writing them up and how I was tired of it. And then they left and I called home. I only got a hold of 1 out of 3 parents, but she was in agreeance that her son The Charmer was great without his friends, but with them, he was just about out of control. I left messages at the other two houses. We'll see if I get any calls from parents. Probably not.

So, when I got home from work, after taking a relaxing shower, I told my hubby that I wanted to eat greasy, bad-for-me food and we went to Jack-in-the-Box. And then Dairy Queen for dessert. I feel better...

3 comments:

* K * said...

I think it must have been a strange moon/universal thing-I had some issues myself with Jolie on thurs and fri of last week. but I thought it was because of the terrible family week we had...

your school should take up the program of "Character Counts" It's a good one, and I always refer to it for parenting strategies for Jolie. It came from a Christian thing, but they took the Jesus out of it for public schools. I am either having Dejavu, or I have already told you this before. Hm.

Princess Lionhead said...

Oh, we have Character Counts in FULL SWING here. In fact, when they serve ASD, they copy Character Counts stuff. I do weekly journal entries on it, they give awards at the administrative level for good behavior, etc...

* K * said...

oh, good! how long have you had it at the school? do the teachers there believe in it/support it?