Sunday, July 09, 2006

Restful weekend

Yesterday Mason and I went to the mall and he rode in his umbrella stroller, as I window shopped (and of course got Starbucks and of course got a few things for Mason at the Gap Outlet store! Old Navy opens at the end of the month!! Yeah!!). It was relaxing. He fell asleep in the stroller, as I looked around at Payless (where I found him $6 shoes!!) and Gap (I found a $7 skirt for me! Yay me!). He gets more attention when he's asleep than when he's awake. Strangers ooh and ahh at his cuteness as he sits slumped in his stroller, with his little pouty face and sleeps through store after store. It's adorable, and strangers think so too.

Today, we went to church and then I helped out in the Nursery for the second service. Mason was in there, and he was being a meany to the other kids. I tried to steer clear of him, so he would play and interact without me. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw him haul off and whack someone with his hand or a toy. I had to step in and tell him no. I don't look forward to his next stage in Toddlerhood, where he thinks everything is his, and he will bite, scratch and pillage to get it. It shall be a challenge. Anyways, later we met Mason's babysitter and family at Del Taco. Always good food and always entertaining, since they have 4 kids, ranging from 2-10. Mason even got to climb around a bit in the play area. Needless to say, he didn't want to leave. At least he hasn't learned the phrase, "5 more minutes, please, Mom!" yet.

Now, dinner's about ready and Mason is trying to get up in the computer chair and type my blog for me... Here Mason go ahead: erre 5 347 445yu5 yu y5 5yu h yn5 n bbvvvvvvvvb
and Daddy is watching "Futurama". Guess it's time to go.

0 comments: