Saturday, July 01, 2006

Don't worry, I'm still here

No update on my dad, just in case you're in the loop and you were wondering. I will let everyone know when we hear something.

Anyways, another busy week at work. I worked extra hours yesterday to make up for the fact that I won't be getting paid on the 4th. We were in a kiddie parade, which was fun. We only walked for like 15 minutes near the downtown square and then it was over, but it was neat to see people come out and watch and cheer. We ate ice cream sandwiches afterwards, which made it all worthwhile. Later, I actually swam with the kids during their swim time, which was a first. I usually stand around with the other counselor and watch the kids horse around for an hour and a half. But, I decided after walking in the parade and getting nice and sweaty, I could use a dip in the pool. Besides, the times passes much faster when you go down the slide and jump off the diving board, instead of standing in one place. It rained like crazy yesterday afternoon, which riled the kids up a bit, but overall, they were pretty well behaved--for middle schoolers. But I have to say when I was offered a chance to get off an hour early last night, I jumped on it. And my husband and Mason met me at a chinese restaurant for dinner, and that was a treat.

Today, I ran a few errands (Kmart for sunglasses, Safeway for milk and the Starbucks inside for their new juice frappucinos--which aren't that special, and a secondhand kids' clothing store for some things for Mason) and pretty soon we are going over to Mason's babysitter's house for dinner. Always a good time with that family. I think I'll give Mason a bath before we go. Ta ta.

0 comments: