Thursday, July 20, 2006

A blessing...I guess

So yesterday The Man was well behaved, didn't argue and did things the first time he was asked. I was impressed. In the afternoon, I even took a moment and thanked him for being respectful and not giving the counselors a hard time. I asked why the change, somehow hopefully expecting that his mother had spoken to him or that he had just changed his attitude on his own, but he responded that if he was good for the next week, his mother promised him spending money when his cousins come to visit. So basically she's bribing him. And although a part of me wanted to comment that he should be good without getting paid, I came to the conclusion that I should pick my battles. He was being good and not making my afternoons miserable. Does it really matter to me why he's being good? I just thank God that I have gotten some relief from the challenges we normally face with this boy, even if it means he's getting paid.

0 comments: