Saturday, July 15, 2006

Let's try this again

So earlier today I was chugging along, writing my blog, and I was just in the middle of commenting on how great it was that we were getting a big rainstorm here, when KABLAM!! the electricity goes out. It stayed off for awhile, so I wasn't able to write until now. Let me try to recap what I was saying: I was reveling in the beautifully cool weather and the sound of the rain, especially since the past week has been as hot as the surface of the sun around here. And it doesn't help that my job requires me to be outside most of the day. I've gotten somewhat accustomed to all the outside time, but I just can't tolerate the sweltering heat. Then again, I try to remind myself that I once lived in the South, where with hot comes disgusting humidity (I feel for you, Bluebird!!). It's then that I appreciate that "it's a dry heat".

I got to go into my future classroom at the middle school again yesterday. And again, I wasn't very productive. The maintenance people were in the middle of painting over that hideous scene that was there from last year, so I couldn't really move in yet. I unloaded my bins and miscellaneous crap into a corner and I hope next Friday is more worthwhile. School starts in 23 days!!! Ahhhh!! So much to do!! (Taking a deep breath) But it's okay. When it's all said and done, I will be prepared and this will all be behind me. I just wish it was behind me now.

Tonight we went over to a family's house we'd never been to before, from our church. They have two little girls and they are all super sweet. We ate great food (meat and veggie skewers, rice pilaf, beans and biscuits, and apple pie and a blueberry/banana cake/bread thing that I made) and socialized. It's nice to open up and mingle with people we didn't know before. Both my husband and I need to work on branching out and being social with other people. And there's so many nice people at our church, that there's no excuse.

I guess that's about all I was going to talk about. Oh yeah, Princess BAF and her husband are Mason's Godparents !! We are so pleased they agreed to it and maybe someday they can be there when Mason is baptized. That's it from here. Hope you are all keeping cool and looking forward to fall temperatures. I know we are.

0 comments: