Friday, July 07, 2006

It's official

So I saw my classroom at the middle school for the first time today. It's--it needs some work. Apparently there was a Gifted English teacher that was in there last year, and let the kids paint a wall in the classroom. It's a scene of a knight and castle and a dragon and whatnot. It's neat I guess, but a little distracting. I plan on painting over it. And all the desks and stuff are in shambles, as they didn't have time to set it up yet. I plan on coming again next Friday and I will do some setting up then. I only have like 3 weeks until inservices start!! Ahhh!! I can't believe how fast summer has gone. Whoosh!! (that's the sound a fast summer makes)

I took the curriculum home to look at, because I'm teaching 7th English and 8th English. Yeah, I didn't want to teach 8th grade. Oh well. God decided otherwise, I suppose. I'll try to make the most of it. I just need to look into what 8th graders are learning.

Oh yeah, and my summer job is still going okay. We have one kid, who I will call Angry Carrot (he's an angry redheaded boy), who's on his last straw. He's gotten two write-ups (and really, he deserves more than that), for being extremely aggressive, violent, angry and disrespectful. He flies off the handle at the drop of a hat. We try to keep him from other kids, but that's kinda hard sometimes. We only have 3 weeks left of camp, so hopefully he can avoid serious trouble long enough to make it through the end of summer, but we'll see.

I just got my yearbook from last school year. Yeah, last school year. They had the yearbooks made in May or so, but there were mistakes (and changes, since students and teachers had moved around during the year), so they had to send them back and remake them. So now I have a yearbook and no one to sign it. Yippee.

I need to eat before work. See ya.

0 comments: