Friday, July 21, 2006

My last Friday at Camp...

Today was an interesting day. First, I was actually productive in my classroom at the middle school. When I first walked in and saw that they had set up the student desks and stuff and that all I needed to do was unpack, I just stood there in awe. It's always an overwhelming feeling to move in to a classroom. It's that "where do I even start?" feeling. I moved some things around and unpacked 5 big bins worth of stuff. My nameplate is on my desk and framed pictures are out, so it's starting to feel like home. I'm sure this time next month, it will be my second home.

Then I get to Camp, and we have 13 kids!! It was so nice today. And calm. No serious behavior problems or stories to tell. The Man was well mannered and easy to handle. None of the older boys were there though, and I think they're just fuel for his fire. I really wish they'd keep numbers low in the camp, because everything just runs smoother. The pool time went fine, then we went to the rock climbing wall and they were well behaved. Later went to the "slab" (an outdoor cement area where they play basketball), and by then we only had 4!! It was easy.

I can't believe it was my last Friday. 3 more days of camp. I am glad but kind of sad too, for some reason. I suppose I'll miss some of the kids, and I'll really miss the other counselor, Sunshine (that's her Camp name) the most. We talked a lot and had a lot of laughs, often at the kids' expense. Sure helped the days pass by. Oh well, she's going off to college to finish her Education Degree, and I'm back to work.

Mason and I have a playdate with my friend and her daughter tomorrow, to go to the mall. Will be nice to see her and to visit. Guess that's all I have to say. Enjoy your weekend, all.

0 comments: