Saturday, April 08, 2006

I'm tired

I don't want to write much, because it's been a long day. But, I thought I'd share that it went okay. Started out with Mason and I meeting up with my family at the RV place and just visiting for a bit. It wasn't too awkward to see my aunt, because she's real laid back and has a quirky sense of humor. Guess it runs in the family, eh? Then, my husband joined us after work and we visited some more, as Mason tried with much determination (but not much success) to get to the motorhome stairs and climb out. Everyone got a kick out of him, as always. We came home for a bit, so the folks could rest. Before long, we were back, assuming we would soon head out to eat dinner. Well, it was almost an hour before we loaded up. I had suggested this hole-in-the-wall restaurant right outside of town, which I've heard rave reviews of their steak. Bad idea. An hour or longer wait. No thank you. We had a toddler that was already past his dinnertime. We headed back to town to another popular place. Not much of a wait to get seated, but we waited forever and a day for our food, and it was just average. Very disappointing. Mason did a lot of screaming--screaming for food, screaming that he didn't want the food offered, screaming for his cup (he had thrown on the floor 10 times, mind you), screaming because he was tired, screaming for whatever other reason he damn well felt like. It was frustrating, but not his fault. I have him on a schedule that's pretty predictable. Most of today was not at all predictable. The poor guy was confused, hungry and tired. Anyways, it ended up all right. He collapsed as soon as we got home. I didn't really get to visit with my brother during dinner, because he was at the other side of the table, but we are planning on meeting them in the morning for breakfast. Maybe I'll get to talk to him then. If we keep Mason on his schedule.

P.S. Sorry, I said I wouldn't write much and it turned out to be long. Oh well.

0 comments: