Saturday, April 29, 2006

He's a big boy now!!

Well, the day finally came: My husband's BIG SURPRISE BIRTHDAY PARTY. I had him questioning and trying to get me to give him hints about today. He knew something was up (because I had to tell him to be off work at noon, so he wouldn't plan a full day), but he didn't know what. I made him close his eyes on the drive to Peter Piper, and I drove in circles, funky and unnecessary turns and took the long way. He walked in and saw his family, my family, friends from work, and old friends. It was really nice. Mason was more interested in socializing (mainly with his babysitter) than eating pizza, but he still had a good time. The cake (seen to the left) was made by his mom and it was really cute. If you can't see, it's an airplane in the sky. The plane even has a pilot in a canopy, if you look closely. Real cute. We of course played Ski Ball and tried to make sure everyone knew we were glad they came. I was relieved when it was over, but I was glad it happened. I think my husband was pleasantly surprised, which was the goal. Now he's the big 3-0. Well, really not until Wednesday, but still...

I had bought a pinata to hang at the party, but Peter Piper doesn't allow things like that. Liabilities and the mess, I imagine. Anyhow, so it sat at the table as a decoration, and we took it home. Mason helped Daddy kick it and get the darned thing to bust (it took many tries and a hefty stomp on Dad's part to get it to finally open), so that was a good time.

We're all tired, so I think I'm done. My week was all right and I can't remember anything interesting at the moment. Less than 2 weeks 'till Disneyland. Am I ready? I guess as ready as you can be, taking other people's children to one of the Busiest Places On Earth.

Hope everyone had a good weekend. If you came to the party, thanks and we appreciated it. It's nice to be loved...

0 comments: