Saturday, April 15, 2006

Happy Easter Eve!!

Here I am, at my parents' house. We came down yesterday afternoon for a weekend visit. It's gone pretty well. Today, we went to this new park nearby. Mason loved it. They had baby swings and a slide and all sorts of things. He especially liked watching the kids biking and skateboarding and calling the ducks in the pond "puppy". Later, my sister and two kids came over to the house and we had a cookout. It was nice to see them. It was my niece's birthday, her 13th, to be exact. Can't believe how fast they're growing. My nephew's 16, and taller than me. We were talking today, how I took him trick-or-treating for his first Halloween, when he was not yet 2. He was a cow and he was so cute. I walked him around the neighborhood and he said he was a "steer bull cow". Kinda hard to be all three, but that's okay. Anyways, that doesn't seem like it was 14 years ago. Time flies...

Anyway, tomorrow we plan to get up and go to Easter Service at my parents' church, with my aunt (the one currently living with them), and then come home for my mom's monkey bread (if you're not familiar you're missing out--it's this thing made from biscuit dough and lots of cinnamon and sugar and lots of calories and fat and I don't care because it's oh-so-tasty). Should be a nice morning. Then, later in the day, we'll head home.

Oh yeah, my interview on Thursday for the middle school went well. The principal seemed to really like me, which was a plus. If I get the job, I'll be teaching 7th grade English (right up my alley), in 90-minute blocks. So, I'd only have 3 groups of kids. That's not too many papers to grade. That's definitely a good thing. I have a follow-up interview on Tuesday, at the school. I guess that will be more the specifics and stuff. I really hope I get to sign a contract and have a job ready to go. We'll see. Wish me luck.

Well, it's been a long day and I'm pooped. (Speaking of which, Mason pooped 3 times today!! I guess it was from all the food Nana and Papa kept feeding him!) Nighty Night. And Happy Easter. Hope the Easter Bunny leaves you nice things in your basket.

0 comments: