Saturday, December 31, 2005

Woo, Woo, Party, Party!!

I tell ya, my painting of the town will be so outrageous and memorable that it will be published in newspapers all over the world and will be talked about for decades to come!! Or maybe not.

We have no parties or social gatherings to go to. We weren't even invited anywhere. It's a little depressing. I know having a baby means that you can't exactly go gallavanting off till the wee hours of the morning, but still. We weren't even asked to come over for dinner by anyone. I guess it's really not that big of a deal. I'm not a college girl anymore, who went out every weekend and stayed out til 3 or 4 in the morning. And I don't want to be like that again, trust me. I've lived the drunken haze and lazy weekends, and I filled that part of my life. I just wish we had somewhat of a social circle to get together with for New Year's.

Instead, we're staying home, ordering Papa John's and planning on playing Trivial Pursuit Pop Culture Edition. We might catch some of the "New Year's Rockin' Eve" show on tv, but if it doesn't start until 11, that's highly unlikely. Besides, I don't even know most of the bands and performers that they would have on there.

I guess I'm growing up and have different priorities. I don't need to be out at the bars and clubs to have a good time. But it would be nice to have at least a social half circle to hang out with tonight.

0 comments: