Monday, December 12, 2005

One More Day Down...

Sorry about my last post. I was tired and just wanted to vent, short and sweetly. Things aren't THAT bad I guess. I am just tired of being treated like a doormat and being pulled in a million directions all the time. I just try to keep in mind that this job is not at all permanent and that I only have to make it until May. I have no idea what I'm going to do for the summer, but that's a whole other stress altogether. So, I'm taking it one day at a time, praying and trying to make the best of it. We'll see how that works out for me...

Yes, that's my cutie in the picture, checking out the candy canes on the tree. He spends a lot of time examining the tree, and the other day he noticed these really cool red and white hooked thingies that crinkle when you grab them. Thankfully, he hasn't realized that they're edible yet. He just takes the candy cane off the tree, shakes it, switches hands, shakes it again, then puts it back on the tree. Eventually though, our dog Max snatches the candy cane and chomps down on it. So much for Mason's toy. Ah well, there are plenty more where they come from.

Back to the work situation, this week is going by in a flash already. Today was a normal schedule for me, but the rest of the week will be filled with movies, candy, cookies and two pizza parties. Being in 3 different rooms means I get 3 different parties, and they're all on different days!! Woo-Hoo!! Tomorrow after Resource, we're having a party with them. We're having pizza and watching a movie. Wednesday, well, I don't know what the plan is for Wednesday. Thursday is the party in the 3rd grade. We're eating pizza and having cookies. Yum!! THEN, Friday I'll be with the 6th graders (YEAH!!!!!) , and they're having a party. Goodies, movies, candy, oh my!! I am psyched!! I am so glad the day before Christmas Break I will be in the 6th grade not 3rd. Those 3rd graders are out of control and so rowdy, I cannot even begin to imagine what that day is going to look like (loads of 8 year olds passed out from a sugar high, food wrappers all over the floor, lights hanging desperately from their fixtures, sticky, chocolate handprints smeared down the walls...)!! Granted, I'm sure the 6th graders won't be angels or even close, at least they're controllable.

By the way, Mason's getting more and more independent. He loves walking around the room, hanging on to furniture and trying to reach things and eat them. His favorite cuisine is cat and dog food, which keeps me and my husband always up, chasing him down and fishing it out of his mouth. Needless to say, he makes a pouty face and whimpers a little. How horrible of a mother I am for taking away his snack!! He also waves, high 5's, holds his own bottle, feeds himself finger foods, drinks from a sippy cup and fusses when he doesn't get his way. Overall rewarding, but very frustrating at times.

Speaking of which, he's standing underneath my chair wanting up, so I should go for now. Merry Christmas, Ramadan, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, Rosh Hoshonnah, Arbor Day, Tuba Day, whatever!!!

0 comments: