Tuesday, December 20, 2005

5 days till Christmas!!

I still can't believe it. Every day it gets a day closer to Mason's first Christmas and the next day his FIRST BIRTHDAY. That's inconceivable to me. This time last year I was very, very, very uncomfortable, fat, anxious, without a bladder and did I mention uncomfortable? This past year has zoomed by in a bit of a blur. I have forgotten what it's like to not be a mommy. It consumes so much of my life now (not that it's a bad thing, I'm just saying) that I can't remember life before.

He has grown so much and changed so much in the past 12 months. I remember when we carried him and passed him off to people like he was going to break or explode--"be careful of his head", "don't wake him", "careful!!" I remember when he rolled over and we celebrated like he had just won the Pulitzer Prize. I remember when he got his first tooth and we thought it was the cutest thing (now he has three on the bottom, and it's still adorable). I remember when he didn't fit in 0-3 month clothes anymore, and I almost cried. I remember when I refused to believe he didn't fit in his first pair of overalls anymore, and tried to cram him in them when he was 8 months old, even though they were size 3-6 months. Thank God for digital cameras, because we haven't missed a moment or memory (and if you are on my email list, you're well aware of that fact!).

I am so excited for his first Christmas. He's gonna be so excited to play with the bows and ribbons and he always loves all the lovin' he gets from family. And between the two families and the two holidays, he'll be set. I just have no freaking clue how we're going to get everything in the car and bring it back home. Oh well. We'll just take out our bed, couch, tv, dresser and kitchen table and fill the entire house with books, toys and gadgets. Such fun...

0 comments: