Wednesday, December 21, 2005

In the jungle, the lion sleeps tonight...

We bought a new bed!! I can't contain my excitement, because the only bed we've had during our married life has been a hand-me-down many times over. Long story short, the bed we currently have has been my parents', my sister and brother-in-law's and his parents. Yeah, kinda gross, huh? Not to mention the fact that Max has "christened" it many times over. Yuck. When we bought new sheets about a month or so ago we decided that Max was prohibited from our room. I was so tired of finding pee stains on the comforter and washing it over and over again. That was enough to want a new bed, and also the fact that since the mattress is so old, the support and comfort ain't what it used to be. We deserve a new bed. Most of our furniture has been passed down to us. And we certainly aren't complaining or ungrateful, but it's nice to own something and know that you're the first to use it. Oh yeah, and we've been sleeping on a Full size and it's a wee bit cramped. So, today we found ourselves a nice, pretty, pillowtop Queen for a reasonable price and decided not to shop around. We laid down on it in the showroom and were sold. They're delivering it Friday and we're psyched!

And the other reference to the subject line of this blog entry: we saw "Chronicles of Narnia" today. We'd heard a lot of great things about it, but you don't get the concept until you see it yourself. It's pretty moving. If you haven't heard, there's a very strong biblical reference to the story. I won't give away the details, but the basic idea is that these kids find this magical world and the "king" Aslan (the lion) is the Jesus figure. Go see it, and you'll see. Just remember to bring tissues, or you'll end up wiping away your tears with a buttered popcorn covered napkin like we did.

Well, I'm in the midst of mopping the floor (I was letting it dry so I can scrub it some more), so I should skedaddle. Merry Christmas!!

0 comments: