Monday, January 02, 2006

Back to the grind

It was back to work today. Blah. I dragged my feet waking up this morning, and I continued to drag all day. I just couldn't get back into the swing of things. When I get off of a schedule, it's really hard for me to get back on. Especially when my routine for the past two weeks only consisted of Mason's routine. I didn't have appointments or a certain plan to follow. That's why today was hard. I really could have used another week off, but then again, at the end of that week, I would have been even more resistant to go back.

My husband and I got rid of the Christmas goodies, junk food, desserts and crap that was laying around the house as of last night. I took some to work and the rest went in the trash. No more fudge, cookies, rice krispy treats, M & M's, Hershey's Kisses, chocolate covered pretzels, among other things. It's all gone. We allowed ourselves the weakness of the holidays (pretty much since Halloween), but knew we had to put a stop to it before our jeans wouldn't button. So, it's back to no junk and actually eating the serving size. And no soda. That's a biggie. Not so much for me, but my husband. And hopefully it will be semi decent outside, and I can start walking again like I did last spring and summer. If not, chasing after Mason should help. He's faster than a monkey on crack with the crawling and cruising all over the house!! Sitting down around him is a luxury. I guess he's doing his part to help us lose those holiday pounds.

0 comments: