Tuesday, December 13, 2005

A Blessing in Disguise

Today started out okay and normal--worked with my two groups in Resource (and actually everyone worked and got done early, which was just fine with me). Then I went with the Special Ed teacher to pick up the pizzas and other junk for their party today. I started feeling a headache and even though I know better and have plenty of experience with life-altering migraines, I didn't take anything. I helped out with the pizza party and my head started throbbing. Afterwards, I went back to 3rd grade, took a Motrin, and by that point my head was aching like someone had taken a sledgehammer to it and my patience and tolerance was paper thin. Everything the kids said or did grated on my nerves. After feeling hot, dizzy and overtaken by the headache, I decided to go home 2 hours early. I took a well needed nap, then picked up Mason from the babysitter. I made an executive decision to stay home tomorrow. I may feel better by then, but I don't want to risk it and I need a day off. I know Christmas Break is just 3 days away, but oh well. Besides, tomorrow is my husband's day off, so I can get help with Mason. So, even though I wanted my mommy when my head was ready to propel into space today, at least I get tomorrow off. It all works out in the end...

1 comments:

Mrs. Bluebird said...

You take that day off. Sometimes we really need day away from the kids. At least I get the occassional snow day!