Monday, December 05, 2005

You don't see me, I was never here...

So, I'm currently playing Hookie from work. Well, technically I'm on my lunch break, but I've been here a half an hour longer than I should have. I was finished with my things in the Resource Room and didn't have anything to do until after my lunch, so I kind of sort of disappeared and went home. But you didn't hear that, okay?

So yeah, here I am. I don't know what to write in this blog, but I thought being that I'm in the house and it's quiet (seeing as though Mason is at the babysitter's, probably bouncing around happily in the Exersaucer or chasing her dog around the living room, or scarfing down his lunch) and I'm bored, so I should write.

I don't really remember last week. I worked. And I tended to my little dumpling. And I cleaned. Woo-Hoo, break out the disco ball and streamers, I'm the party animal!! Anyways, the weekend was good, that I remember. Friday I didn't feel good. I've had a headache off and on the past week or so. I'm not sure what it is and what to do about it. I really don't want to go to the doctor, because that's just a pain in the tushy and they may not even know what's wrong. But, I have that underlying fear that I'm gonna ignore it until it's excrutiating, then get tests done and find out it's a brain tumor or something. I'm freakishly fearful of nothing, I know. So, that was Friday. Saturday, I went to the grocery store with Masonpants and fiddled around the house till my husband came home. Then, we caught up on some tv shows we've missed lately (we have one of the DV-R's--like Tivo so we can record hours and hours of tv without a vcr. It's great!), then went over to visit some friends of ours. We watched "Christmas with the Kranks" and ate Chinese food. Nothing like a goofy movie and some greasy food to make an evening complete. It was a nice time. Yesterday, we dragged our lazy butts out of bed and went to church. It's been a few weeks--mainly because Mason has slept in or not felt his best. So yesterday I gathered my crew and off we went. Mason always has a good time because he plays in the Nursery with other babies and toddlers. The girls working in there always say how happy and smiley he is and what a good baby he is. That makes my day. I take pride in the fact that he's such a good, happy baby. I probably can't really take credit for the fact that he's an easy baby, but I do. So yeah, then I came home and cleaned a little and my husband went to work. I also went to Ross (what a madhouse!!) and Target. I took a soothing bath last night, which NEVER happens. That was nice, even though I could hear the tv going in the living room, and Mason fussing. Maybe I need earplugs or at the least soft music to drown out the noises. I'll look into that...

Work is okay. I know for a fact that the principal wants me to take a lead position there next year, but I am pretty set on other plans. I want to go back to public school. I want to only teach English and only see a group of kids for an hour at a time. I know she can't arrange that or promise it to me, so see ya. It's kinda funny how people who've either always worked in a Montessori school or always had their children in Montessori react to me saying I want to go back to working in a public school. You can almost hear a gasp as they ask why. Public school isn't that scary, people!! Sure, I've had students that had parents in prison, kids on birth control in 7th grade and kids get arrested for hiding pot in their Science book, but so what? Like Montessri doesn't have their share of kids with loads and loads of baggage!! Anyway, I will miss certain aspects of the school that I'm at (having 2 aides per room!!), but it's not worth the unpredictablity and the fact that I'd have to teach all subjects. No thank you.

Well, I suppose I should saunter back to work now, eh? Ta ta.

0 comments: