Friday, August 19, 2005

Yippee, it's Friday!!! :)

Sorry to all you "Princess Lionhead" blog addicts, but yesterday was a long day and I didn't write an entry. So, think of this one as a combination of 2 days. Okay? Okay. So here we go...

Yesterday was a bit stressful to begin with, because the other aide in my classroom didn't show up. No call, no anything. We tried calling home and calling her husband on his cell but she was nowhere to be found. The kids were of course asking where she was, and we didn't want to frighten them (trust me, they are easily spooked. I once had a group of 6th graders in tears because of a lightning storm!! Rain and thunder and they're breaking down, afraid for their lives!! So, you can imagine what an M.I.A. teacher would do to them. They would be inconsolable), so we said she was sick. Later in the day, the office secretary said that the aide wouldn't be in, but we still didn't know why. Needless to say, I did not do my duties in the resource room, because I had to stay and help out with the 6th graders. Although I'm used to having a classroom all to myself and taking care of all the necessary jobs and responsibilities that come with it, this year things are different. There are 3 of us in the room, so the load is divided and significantally lighter than I'm used to. So, I think I did a pretty good job yesterday of taking up the slack. Things went pretty smoothly I would say...well, except for one memorable incident.

We were getting ready to dismiss the kids at the end of the day, and one of the boys said he had a problem. Apparently he had passed gas (which of course had caused a wave of giggles and snorts, especially from the girly girls) and had actually split his pants AND underwear. Yikes!! I didn't know what to do, and neither did the other teacher. We tried to suggest some things, but nothing seemed to be feasible. He was going to the Boys and Girls Club, so he couldn't just get in his mom's car and ride away. He had to WALK with a group of kids with this predicament. After much dillemna, he ended up just carrying his backpack really low on his back and pulling his shirt down as far as it would go. That was a new one for me...

Today, the aide that was missing came in, but didn't stay. She's 5 months pregnant and having marital problems, so she was an emotional disaster. I tell you from experience, being pregnant is enough to keep you on the verge of tears or a verbal takedown of anyone nearby, you certainly don't need personal problems to ignite the flames. I feel for her, but she left me yet again to take on her part of the day. Once again, it went well. And today, no ripped pants. And on Fridays, the kids get out an hour early, so it was a good day.

I feel dumb that I've been parking in the wrong area at work for the past 2 weeks. Ooops. But I'm not a mind reader, and no one told me, so it's not my fault. I guess the fact that there were plenty of empty parking spots every morning and people were parking somewhere else should have been a clue, but ya know, my elevator doesn't always go to the top, I'm not the brightest crayon in the box, I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer, you get the idea.

Mason's good and not much to report. He's having problems having a bowel movement, if you really want to know. You want to know all the little details of my day, there ya go. So, it's causing him to be a bit irritable. But he slept 11 hours last night!! He went down around 7:30 or so, because he was really fussy and didn't wake up until 6:30 this morning!! I guess that's what he needed. I'm certainly not complaining.

And that's my day. Happy Friday and I hope you all have a great weekend. Don't forget my birthday is Monday!

1 comments:

Mrs. Bluebird said...

Well golly gee...I'll probably have a brain cramp on Monday (and am actually working that evening as an 'actor' at the historic cemetary tour in town), so HAPPY BIRTHDAY!