Monday, August 29, 2005

I'm a human yo-yo

So now it looks like I won't be in the resource room at all now. I guess they (and when I say "they", I mean THE ALMIGHTY POWERS THAT BE THAT MAKE THE DECISIONS, WHETHER RATIONAL OR NOT) have decided that Special Education is not as important as regular ed, so they feel I would be better utilized by being in the 6th grade all day. And although I agree somewhat because the one aide in the 6th grade is still very hesistant and needing direction in order to help the class, I still feel bad leaving the resource room shorthanded. Plus, I actually enjoyed working with those kids. It was small group work and with younger kids, which is a totally different experience than the second half of my day. And I really like the main Special Ed. teacher. She's so sweet and easy to talk to. The lead in the 6th is hard to get to know, which drives me nuts. I try and try to make jokes, share parts of my life and ask about hers, but she still seems uninterested in socializing to much of a degree.

The principal was supposed to approach me sometime today to inform me of the official decision, but all she ever said to me today was in passing, when she asked how my day was going. I wanted to say, "It depends on what you've decided about my fate," but of course I didn't. I'm timid like that. I sure hope something is said to me prior to my scheduled time in the resource room tomorrow. We'll see if that happens. Gotta love it...

0 comments: