Thursday, August 25, 2005

I bought shoes today!

Okay, you may be thinking, "big freaking deal!" and I have two things to say to that, IT'S MY BLOG SO I CAN SAY WHATEVER I DAMN WELL PLEASE, and that it is a big deal these days. There was a time not too long ago, when buying shoes was like breathing to me. I bought them even if I wasn't all that fond of them. It's a sickness I think. Unfortunately (or fortunately, my husband will tell you), our funds have prevented me from feeding into my obsession. It is a very rare occasion these days. So, today I was at Target and found some cute calf-high boots and I said, "why not?" Okay, I didn't really say that, but it was a "why not?" moment. They are very similar to a pair I already have (so now you see the depth of my sickness), but the old ones were really stiff (they actually stood up on their own, like there was a ghost wearing them. I wouldn't think that black calf-high boots really coordinate with the chains that ghosts rattle at night though) and the boots were dangerously close to cutting off the circulation to my legs. The new ones actually have soft, bendable leather (or pleather or whatever it is) so, they are much more flexible. They're actually a little girlier too. Not that the others could be worn by a man (or a man that preferred wearing men's clothing anyway), but they were "clunkier", as my mom would say. Anyhow, that was my story. I just wanted to share the joy.

So, we got our new aide at work. She seems nice, but hasn't done much "aiding" yet. She's been focusing on helping our non-English speaking student, because she is fluent in Spanish. That's great and all, because we had serious communication problems with this student up until now, but that still leaves me to deal with all of the needs of the other students, and grading papers and such. I hope her role will change as time progesses, otherwise she's borderline useless to me.

Oh and I somewhat solved the issue I was concerned with, at Mason's daycare. I bring him there around 7, which means the girl I was dreading to hand over my only son to is already out of the room by then. So, it all works out. I was actually offered an earlier shift at work to help with the students that arrive before school starts, but I turned it down for the single reason that I do not want to deal with the girl that opens Mason's room. S0, problem solved.

Mason's pink eye is gone and he wasn't suffering from his teething pains today, so all is good. And TA-DA! I'm actually getting over my cold (knock on wood)!!! That's it for tonight. Tomorrow's Friday! Yippee!!

0 comments: