Sunday, August 28, 2005

I'm tired of Cindy Sheehan

She's the lady that's been camped out near President Bush's ranch, protesting the war and claiming that her son died in vain. It just infuriates me to hear someone say that any soldier has died in vain. It makes her son look stupid for joining. He joined out of his own free will, knowing that there was a chance that he would be sent to war. My husband is ex-military and he will tell you that they don't train them and pay them the big bucks to sit around on an American base. They're trained to go to war if necessary. I will say that I HATED having him deployed in Afghanistan for 6 months, but I knew he needed to do what he was trained to do. I got to the point where I wouldn't watch the news, because it made me fearful and paranoid that one day a car would pull up in front of my house and the Chaplain would get out. But if my husband had died in war, I would have been devastated and inconsolable, but I would have been proud of him. The troops are defending our country and busting their butts to help out strangers. How could you not support that? Cindy Sheehan's own family has made the statement that they do not agree with her and they are very proud of the military. Damn right...

Anyways, I'm off my soap box. On a lighter note, I think my dachshund is determined to continue to outweigh our baby Mason. Not too long ago, we took the dog on the scale, and he weighed about 16 pounds (and he's supposed to be a "miniature", which means he should weigh between 8-12 pounds!), which was already a lot. The vet even told us that he was "losing his waistline". We put him (and the cat, because let's face it, she never has had a waistline and she only uses energy when she's chasing the air and heading to the litterbox) on weight control food, hoping that would help. And we thought it did. Mason weighs 16 pounds, so we were sure that he had to outweigh the dog by now. But today, just out of curiosity, we weighed the dog and if our scale is accurate, he's now 19 pounds!! Holy Obese Canine, Batman!! What in the world is happening? He is lazy, I'll give you that, but it's not like he's started a diet of donuts and cake or something. We really don't give him people food. His only treat is yogurt. Whenever I finish with a cup of yogurt, I let him lick the inside of the container before I throw it away. And unless yogurt is now made with cellulite and chicken grease, I just don't see how he could have gained 3 pounds!! I'm sure the next time we go to the vet, they'll tell us that he needs more exercise or maybe Doggy Fat Camp. That would be pretty funny...

So my weekend has gone pretty well. I spent most of yesterday at my friend's house who has the little girl. We had a good time, as always. My husband joined us after work and then we watched "Baseketball". What a funny movie. It's stupid and a little twisted, but if you look past that, you just gotta crack a giggle. Today, we cleaned and cleaned, just because we avoid and avoid most of the time. It's so nice when the house is clean. It's just too bad it won't stay that way for very long.

Here's a picture I took yesterday. Mason was really entertained by the mirror, as you can see. :)

Well, Malcolm in the Middle is coming on, so I have my priorities. See ya Monday.

2 comments:

Mrs. Bluebird said...

I'm wayyyyy tired of her too. I'd be embarrassed if that was my mother.

edX said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.