Sunday, May 20, 2007

This time next week...

I will be a happy girl. I plan on speeding up this next week as much as I can...wait, what? I don't have that power? Well, I'll just try to make the best of it then. Here's the tentative agenda for the last week of school:

Monday-making paper airplanes and then giving candy to winners (Most Creative, Prettiest and obviously, the Furthest Flight). Not at all related to Language Arts, but it keeps their hands and minds busy.

Tuesday-7th graders are doing an activity about if their lives were made into a museum, and doing a Roundtable Activity (sitting in groups and listing as many as nouns, verbs, etc. they can think of). 8th graders will be watching "Akeelah and the Bee" (which they saw earlier in the year)

Wednesday-going to the waterpark with the 8th graders. ALL DAY. I plan to lather myself in Mason's sunscreen and relax. The 7th graders will be watching "Akeelah and the Bee" while I'm away. Easy for the sub.

Thursday-taking my 7th graders down to the auditorium to watch the 8th grade awards. Later, I think the 8th graders will be outside playing field games.

Friday-Early Release and LAST DAY!! Don't really have a plan. Maybe just playing Heads Up 7 Up and maybe eating snacks. That night is the BIG 8th GRADE DANCE. I'm dragging my hubby along so we can make a date out of it. I'm looking forward to it. Not sure how much my hubby wants to be dancing and hanging out with 13 year olds, but I'm thinking he'll still enjoy himself. It'll be like Prom but without the are-we-dating-or-just-friends awkwardness. :)

Here's to hoping you all have a good week too.

0 comments: