Thursday, May 24, 2007

The last Wednesday

Yesterday was a lot of fun. The waterpark was a lot more eventful than I had imagined. Just to briefly name a few events: 1 of the severe sped kids pulled down his swimtrunks in front of God and everybody when told to change (instead of going to the changing room), I accidentally put my metal deckchair down on the Resource teacher's toe (serious ouchie! luckily all she ended up was a scrape on the top of her toe), right after three of us teachers went down one of the slides a girl from another school apparently had her "womanly cycle" and it flowed down the waterslide, one student was brilliant enough to wear his eyeglasses in the wavepool and lost them, and after we returned to the school at 5:15 p.m. we waited until SEVEN P.M. for one parent to show up.

That was the trip in a nutshell. I only got sunburnt on the part of my back that I couldn't reach, which ended up looking like red angel wings (kinda cool, actually), and I didn't get dehydrated.

And I got to know some of the other teachers on a more personal level, which was delightful.

And oh yeah, I think the 8th graders enjoyed themselves. :)

0 comments: