Thursday, May 24, 2007

The last Thursday

Today felt like the last day of school. We still have a half day tomorrow, but most of the 8th graders look at the last day as "8th grade Ditch Day", so they won't be here. Which meant today was alotted for crying, a mad dash to get yearbook signature, more tears, hugs, pictures, sentimental words and more sobs. I had kids come by my room and give me hugs and want their picture with me. That made me smile. It's nice to feel that you'll be missed and remembered.

We didn't do much besides the 8th grade awards ceremony this morning, play outside and watch movies. Sure felt like this was the last day.

Now I just need to get through the REAL last day...

1 comments:

Mrs. Bluebird said...

We actually gave our report cards out on the last full day of school...in the hopes that most of them wouldn't come the next day which is just a half day. So what happened? We had more kids there on the half day. Go figure.