Saturday, March 11, 2006

SNOW DAY!!

Too bad it wasn't a school day, because we may just have had the day off. It snowed yesterday most of the day, and we woke up this morning to a dumping. I don't know the exact amount, but it was enough to play in. It kept snowing off and on today, so it was so pretty and so nice to feel like a real winter. We spent most of the day inside, watching "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire" and staying warm. But, late this morning, we took Mason and the dog across the way to the park, where there was a nice pile of snow on the grass. We all had a good time. It was cute to see Mason toddle through the snow, trying to balance, even though he was extremely top heavy from the 47 layers of clothing I put on him. He also got a kick out of watching Max gallop through the piles, attacking snowballs. It was a good time. We also managed to trudge through the weather and go to McDonald's for lunch, just to get out of the house. I tell ya, if there was a blizzard and we were confined to our house for a week, I think we'd turn absolutely nutty, or at least I would. I don't mind spending most days inside, but I like the option of getting out. It's like when Mason was first born and I wasn't allowed to drive, it was too cold to take Mason on a walk, and it was RSV season, so I was afraid to take him anywhere. I just about got checked into a loony bin. I need fresh air. Our tiny apartment closes in on me sometimes and I have to go somewhere. Thank goodness Mason is getting older and much more portable. And we learned today that he loves the snow.

0 comments: