Friday, March 17, 2006

Happy St. Pat's, everyone!!

Yes, I'm wearing green today, by the way. My grandfather was Irish, so I am always sure to honor the green and also I really don't enjoy being pinched...Did you know that St. Patrick's Day is celebrated because St. Patrick introduced Christianity to the Irish, by using the Shamrock. It has three sides, which he used as an example to explain the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Interesting, isn't it? Also, it is said that he chased the snakes out of Ireland, which is why Ireland no longer has snakes (the technical reason is because it is a country surrounded by water on all sides and snakes can't get to it). Just a little fun trivia for you...

The last couple of days have been productive. I told you my friend came to visit on Wednesday. That was fun. Yesterday was the first day Mason and I spent the ENTIRE day just the two of us since my Spring Break started. I'm used to it on the weekends, but it was a rather trying day yesterdat. He was fussy most of the day and I had cramps, a headache and was generally irritable. Needless to say, I was so relieved when my husband came home from work and helped me out. Today has been good though. We went to the grocery store, I made some cookies for a platoon I've "adopted" that's in Iraq, made a green cake (just for fun), went to the post office and took Mason to the little park nearby. He's been pretty calm, which in turn makes my day smoother. I guess he knew after yesterday that Mom needed a break. :)

So all I have left of my Spring Break is the weekend. That's good and bad. I'm never ready to return to work, but I am one that needs to stay busy. I'm not sure what I'm going to do Saturday and Sunday, but I'm sure I'll find something. I still have the stuff to take to Goodwill. And maybe the mall? That's always an option.

Here's hopin' you have the luck o' the Irish today!

0 comments: