Wednesday, March 22, 2006

FYI Part Two

Another Late Start day. It snowed off and on yesterday and now the roads are pretty icy. I got a call about a half hour ago that we are yet again delayed two hours. It makes sense. The trucks that are supposed to salt the roads are famous for being negligent to get the roads cleared before morning traffic starts. I'm looking out my window and I see a thin layer of snow and the sun already brightly peering over the horizon. This means that within a few hours that thin layer of snow will have disappeared. Just like it did two days ago. That's the way it works around here.

Speaking of work (a stretch, I know), I gave my official "no" response to the contract I was offered for next year. It's a little scary to jump without a safety net. I don't have anything lined up for next year and I'm already saying no to the job I have. I just know I DO NOT want to work for Crazy Double Standard Shady Lady next year. And I don't think my husband wants me to either. The stories I've told him (imagine what I've mentioned on here, but with more details and other incidents that I don't tell you!!) have convinced him that I would absolutely not be happy working under that lady next year. Anyways, I've gotten my name out there to the public schools, but now I wait. And I hate waiting.

But at least you all can look forward to interesting anectodes involving quirky and unruly students (and parents!) next school year, as opposed to just me whining about my boss.

0 comments: