Monday, January 30, 2006

Busy, busy, busy...

This weekend was a lot of fun. On Saturday, we went down to visit family. First, we hung out with my parents for awhile, and showed off Mason's circus trick of walking around. He gets so excited when he walks. He toddles, hands up near his face, giggling and heading towards some destination like it's the most interesting thing ever. Of course the cheers from his audience just encourage his happiness. It's so darned cute. Anyways, then we went over to my husband's sister's house for a surprise party for his aunt. She left today for Uganda, Africa for like 2 or 3 years, for a Christian mission through the Salvation Army. It was a good yet bittersweet time. His aunt was very surprised and so happy to see everyone. We all helped make a scrapbook for her, each of us making a page of sentiments and pictures for her to read when she's homesick. We put Mason's hand and footprints on a page along with some pictures of him. If that doesn't melt her heart, nothing will. Then yesterday we spent some more time with my parents before heading back home. It was a nice trip.

Today was not so relaxing and joyful. The other aide in the 6th grade had an aunt pass away last week, so she'll be out until next Monday. The Powers That Be knew this on Friday of last week. I asked TWICE what the plan was. I was told there wasn't a plan. Big surprise. This morning, I asked again. Again, I was given an unsure answer, but they said they thought one of the preschool teachers was supposed to cover in there. The next thing I know, I run into the principal in the hall, and she is informing me that it's my job to cover in there when the other aide isn't there. That's funny, since no one told me that. Big surprise again. That really pissed off the special ed teacher, because that means I can't do Resource. How frustrating. And I have no clue how we're going to do our lunches tomorrow, since it mixes up the plan. I guess we'll figure it out when it happens, as everything else goes at that place.

Oh well. The school year's almost over, right?

0 comments: