Sunday, January 22, 2006

Sunday nights are always a bummer

When Sunday evenings come along, I always get that "uggh" feeling. You know, when you realize that your weekend is just about over and you didn't get to have as much fun or rest as much as you had wanted. It just goes too quickly. Especially when you're sick. Well, I have felt better today, but still. I took some Nighttime Sinus stuff last night, which worked like a charm. Today, I'm still a little stuffy, but not as bad as yesterday. In fact, I even managed to take Mason on a stroller trip through the mall. The stores obviously conspired together and had grand sales today. I walked out of the Gap Outlet store with two shirts and two pairs of socks for Mason, even though he didn't really need them. I also got some cute stuff for my cousin who's having a baby in July. While there, I saw two of my 6th graders (who just adore Mason, so they oohhed and aahhed at him), one of the fellow aides at my school, and the aide that left early on in the year because she was pregnant (remember her? she was the one who just stopped coming and we were worried for awhile). She had the baby like a week ago, and had the little guy already out and about at the mall. I just don't get that. I mean, maybe I've become a paranoid germaphobe since becoming a mom, but I just don't see a reason to expose a newborn baby to the nasty germs and bacteria, especially during RSV season. I see mothers with babies that couldn't be more than a week or two old out at Target or Walmart or the grocery store and I just don't get it. It's one thing if you're a single mom who has no one else to get you diapers or formula, so you have to go. But, to just go sauntering around the mall or store because you want to go shopping with a 10 day old, just isn't right. That poor thing has a weak immune system as it is. Why would you want to jeopardize their health? Maybe that's just me.

On another note, I didn't tell you: Mason's trying to walk!! He's taken like 5 steps at a time, before he gets overly excited and leaps face forward towards you. We're so proud. I don't think it will be long before he is running at full speed.

P.S. Mason likes yogurt. A lot. And he likes to wear it.

0 comments: