Saturday, February 04, 2006

I smell poop...

I think perhaps Mason has made me a present in his diaper, and it's not a toaster. :) But oh no, I must inform my avid readers first!! Actually, I don't know what to say. I'm sure things have happened in the past few days.

Work's been exhausting, being in the 6th in the mornings and 3rd in the afternoons. Even though I normally prefer 6th grade, they are even getting on my nerves. They just won't shut up already! I feel like a babysitter a lot of the time. Trying to teach a lesson is a bit challenging, to say the least. There's a handful of kids that consume my energy. I would be interested to know how many times a day I say, "put that away and pay attention" or "stop talking!" or "get to work!" or "I'm not arguing with you about it" or '"why are you up out of your seat AGAIN?" or "Good lord in heaven, stop talking!!!" I feel bad for the ones who are angels. They really are. They sit in their seats unless they have permission to be up, they work dilligently on whatever you ask them to do, they read silently or draw by themselves when they're done, they don't argue, and they keep their mouths shut!! They just don't get enough credit. They must get sick and tired of hearing the other kids get harped on all the time. One of these days, maybe one of the angelic children will haul off and whack one of the troublemakers. I think I would have to just "not see anything", if that happened...

Mason has decided that milk in a cup is the devil. He'll drink water or juice out of a sippy cup no problem. But milk, no way, no how. We've tried different types of cups, heating it, having it cold, you name it. But all he does is pick it up, look at it, and throw it as far as he can. It's frustrating. He can't be on the bottle forever. That would be great..."Hey Mom, can I borrow the car tonight? I have a date. And oh yeah, all my bottles are dirty, and I want some milk with dinner. Waaaaaahhh!!!" Anyone out there in cyberspace have some suggestions??

Yep, I've confirmed it. We have a CODE BROWN in the Mason presinct. Gotta go. Catchya on the flip side. (whatever that means)

0 comments: