Saturday, January 07, 2006

Changes

We went to this special church service last night. They only hold it once a month, and it's quite different than the regular Sunday morning service. They have it at this other building and it's much more youth-oriented. There's live (very loud) music, this little movie (a mini-series of sorts, very modern. Basically about how easily people can be deceived and get off the right path) and then the youth pastor speaks. The funny thing is, I went to high school with the guy. He was a bad boy then--into drugs, parties, drinking and hanging with the wrong kids. I guess somewhere between then and now, he found God, married his high school sweetheart, had two kids (another funny thing--his daughter is in 1st grade at the school I work at) and now ministers at the church. His sermon was about how Adam and Eve lost their way and were deceived, and how easily people can think they're making the right decisions, when really they are being blinded by false pleasures. I was rather moved by the whole thing. I've considered myself a Christian my entire life, but it hasn't been until my later adult years that I have really established a relationship with God. Then, Mason's babysitter invited us to her church and we've been trying to go as much as possible. Their entire family is such a wonderful influence in our lives. But the service last night just got through to me on a whole new level. I even got a bit teary-eyed. It was a nice feeling--a wake up call to remind me that I need to strengthen that relationship with God. So, that's my newfound goal...

Another (much less major) change: I got my haircut today. I needed to at least get a trim, but I decided to refresh myself and get some inches off. It's pretty short, but much healthier. It's just long enough to get most of it pulled up.

And change #3: Today is my husband's last day (hopefully forever) from Target. He has 2.5 hours to go, and I'm sure he's chomping at the bit. It will be so nice to have him home every night and hopefully less disgruntled. If he can make up the extra hours at his main job, he won't have to return at all. I think that shall be on my prayer list...

So, a new year and new changes. I think they will all be for the better. If only I can stick with the watching what I eat thing, we'll be all set...

0 comments: