Wednesday, July 18, 2007

No more Summer Movie Fun

Well, at least not after today. And at least not for me. The movies keep going for another 4 weeks I think, but today is my last one. Next week, I'll be in a training (for highly qualified stuff), the following Wednesday is my first official day back to work (Inservices), and the Wednesday after that, school will have started. So sad. I've enjoyed the weekly visits to see movies I've already seen, just to get out and give Mason and I something to do. Ms. Cindy will probably still take Mason with her next week, which is good. I'll be sitting in a classroom at the high school, listening to someone drone on and on about God knows what, and Mason will be stuffing his face with popcorn and sitting in front of a big movie screen. Not fair.

I can't believe that technically today is my last day of actual summer. Tomorrow and Friday I will be doing Team Leader stuff at the school, and like I said, I have that training all next week and then the next Monday and Tuesday I plan on working on my classroom (right now it's in shambles, since all I've done is move everything upstairs), and it's Inservices after that until school starts. But you know what gives me a warm, fuzzy feeling? I am so excited that when we go to that first teacher meeting, I won't be the Newbie! I know people and know stuff about the school!! I remember last year (and every year before that), the first meeting day was so nervewracking. I'd sit nervously at a table and try my hardest to remember everyone's names and act as casual and as comfortable as I could. This year is different. I know my way around the school and I can introduce myself to the Newbies. What a comforting feeling...

I'm of course a little sad that my one-on-one time with Mason will be diminishing significantly after today. Although it's been an adjustment for both of us, I have honestly treasured my time with my son. I have watched him grow and change and do new things everyday this summer. And I wouldn't trade it for any summer job out there. But I know it must come to an end, and I'm more at ease by the fact that he's returning to Ms. Cindy, at least for now. He's nowhere near fully potty trained (he's peeing a couple of times a day on it, but no poopy and he doesn't tell us when he needs to go), and she offered to take him as long as we needed. Well, I'm sure she'd probably step in and say something if he's getting his driver's license and still wearing diapers. Pretty sure we'll have it conquered long before that. At least by Kindergarten. ;)

So, instead of spending any more time on here while Mason's in the living room, I'm going to watch the rest of Veggietales, "Duke and the Great Pie War" with my son. Time is precious and getting away from me as I write this...

0 comments: