Friday, July 27, 2007

Good things

My class is over. Hallelujah. I came away from it with some fresh, new ideas on how to approach my entire class, but especially those who are usually lost in the shuffle. But I am glad it's over, because I'm not one for sitting in a classroom for hours and hours at a time, listening to one person speak. And I'm expected to pay attention!! I'm good for retaining information for the first hour or so, but after that, it's questionable.

The other piece of good news is that my hubby got somewhat of a promotion. Well, it increases the consistency and stability of his hours and gives him some extra responsibility, which is good. He wasn't sure that he would get the position, since others were also applying, but he found out today that he got it. Yeah for him! Yeah for us! Yeah for more money!!

Last little tidbit: we're going to meet with a realtor (friend of a friend) tomorrow to look at houses. It's exciting but a little scary too. I hope we make some progress. It would be fun to start the process of buying our own house and not paying someone else's mortgage for a change.

And that's it. That's all. Ta ta.

1 comments:

* K * said...

YAY! What wonderful news!

And imagine what your kids feel like after a long day, every day, too eh? ;)