Monday, July 23, 2007

A few minor things to report

I just read an email from a cranky, pregnant friend of mine that pointed out that I hadn't blogged since last Wednesday, and apparently she needs reading material and explained that I had information to share. ;) I suppose she's right.

Let's see...Well, for those of you in the know, my brother is doing well and is back at home, after two trips to the hospital. There was a very good chance he was going to lose his leg to an infection he had ignored for years, but it looks they caught it and now he's on a plethora of prescription drugs for the infection, the pain and his heart. Thank you to those who had him and our family in your prayers.

Two weekends ago, we almost bought a house through an auction, but the owner decided not to sell it to anybody. I guess it wasn't meant to be. I'll admit, we were a little frustrated and disappointed, but we're okay with it. There's a house that's meant for us, and we plan to find it real soon!! In fact, we are meeting with a realtor that our friends know this evening, and hopefully he can help us get down the right path.

Hmmm...was that all? Was there anything else exciting or worth telling anyone? Thinking...thinking...Oh yeah, one last tidbit: I'M PREGNANT!!!! We just found out early Friday morning (and took another test Sunday, to be sure), so I'm probably only about 3 or 4 weeks. I know it's new and some people would say to wait to tell people just in case something goes wrong, but oh well. We told everyone who would listen as soon as we found out we were pregnant with Mason, so I don't see anything wrong with it. And if you know me at all, you know I can't wait for anything!! If we're doing our math right, Baby #2 is due around late March or early April. And since I intend on having a scheduled C-section, Baby #2 will most likely be born around mid March or so. (Maybe St. Patrick's Day??) I guess we'll know more accurate information when I actually go to the doctor.

It's been fun trying to get people to figure it out on their own, as we had things planned to do when we found out: my hubby was growing a goatee until we got pregnant and I wanted to donate my hair for Locks of Love (for cancer and Alopecia patients). My hubby shaved Sunday morning, and it took my parents an hour to notice, and later, Ms. Cindy a half an hour!! I guess people aren't as observant as we'd like to think sometimes.

Anyways, that's my news. Hope this satisfies you, PBAF! :) Feel free to send congrats and love my way!

3 comments:

Karen said...

YEAH for both of us having a cranky pregnant friend. :) I'm so happy we get to go through this together. I guess you don't need any words of advise from me, considering you've been my instruction book throughout this experience so far.

I wish I could laugh at you like I did last time as you get all fat, but if I continue eating the way I am, there won't be any room for laughing.

Oh, sorry I haven't taken the photo yet, I will try tonight. I'm not as good at this blogging thing as you are. :) I enjoy reading them more than writing them.

Well, tell the HUBBY congrats for us. Yeah for his good swimmers!!

Love you both, PBAF

Crysty said...

Congratulations!!! A bun in the oven, how great!! How is Mason taking the news? Did you donate your hair? Hope all is well.

Mrs. Bluebird said...

Hey congrats there to all three of you! I can't wait to see how Mason enjoys his new role of Big Brother!!!