Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Holy Frijole!!

It was a hot one today!! I don't live On The Surface Of The Sun (that's about 2 hours away!!), but it's close enough. Mason and I tried to play outside a little today, and it was just too darn hot for a penguin to be walkin' around...

His little watering can that he got for a late Christmas present from a friend (you know who you are!) has long since faded in the blistering sun. It used to be a bright orange (you can kinda tell by the color of the spout) and now it's a dull peach color. Sad.

So, needless to say, Mason didn't have to be told more than once to skeedaddle back into the house.





With that event, we stayed inside the rest of the day. Which was a good thing, because our power went out around while Mason and I were at Costco, sometime after 3:30. Yuck. We came in long enough to unload the groceries and head back out to meet Ms. Cindy and her family at Del Taco (ahhh, glorious air conditioning!). When we returned home around 8, the air was back on and I was so relieved. That could have been ugly.

Oh yeah, on a different note, I don't think I mentioned that I will be teaching all 7th grade next year, not 8th grade like I had thought. Things have changed already this summer, and I'm basically taking over for a teacher that left for the high school. Which is fine, since then I will only have to plan for 1 grade level not 2. But today, the principal's secretary called to tell me that I will be moving rooms from last year. I was kinda bummed about that, as I was downstairs and centrally located. Now I will be upstairs and not near much of anything. Oh well. I plan on heading over there Thursday and taking a look at my old classroom and my new classroom and deciding what I need to move or change. Wasn't expecting to have to do too much when the summer ended, as I was FINALLY returning to the same school two years in a row, but oh well. At least I can take my time making changes and getting all settled in before school starts, as opposed to the mad rush I'm too familiar with. So that's good.
Tomorrow's the 4th. Plan to have a little girly time with Ms. Cindy as the Daddies take all the kids to the Summer Movie Fun. I'm looking forward to that. And later, we're having a barbeque with them. Have a great Independence Day, people!! And for goodness sake, stay cool!!

1 comments:

* K * said...

Soooo, you mentioned before about not being sure about staying with the same career forever. I keep meaning to ask you if you could do anything and nothing else mattered, (money, other people's expectations, demands of motherhood, etc) what would you do?