Monday, August 07, 2006

It's good to be home

It wasn't a bad first day, but it was very exhausting--mentally. I came in an hour before I needed to, putting up last minute posters and getting things ready. And even after extra time, I still felt butterflies doing jumping jacks in my stomach. I hate that feeling. I just felt nervous, because it was my First Day of School too.

I met my kids today, and I have to say, it should be an interesting year. My Homeroom (1st/2nd period) are 7th graders and they don't have much to say. Yet. My 6th grader from last year is in that class, but I tried not to pay him extra attention, as I'm sure it would embarass him. He seemed to adjust quickly to the public school environment. I saw his mom this morning and told her that I'd take care of him, and I still plan to. I just feel like I need to keep my eye on him and make sure no one runs him down.

Our Anniversary Day was really nice. We drove an hour and a half north, and went to the teacher store there (romantic, I know. but we don't have a decent one here) and went to their Target (because it's nicer and has a Starbucks) and went to the movies. "Pirates" was really good. Definitely left it a cliffhanger for the 3rd...

Let me explain the picture. While at Target, we bought Mason an Elmo chair, because he loves Elmo (even though he's never even seen Sesame Street), and he loves sitting and watching "Veggietales". But most of the time, Mason just climbs on it and tries to put it up on the couch. And our dog Max thinks it's his own lounge chair. Had to take a picture of it.

Well, we move in less than 3 weeks!! With school starting, I feel like I'm going a million miles an hour. So, bear with me if I don't write for awhile. Ta ta.

0 comments: