Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Helping us pack

Yes, Mason got up there on his own. He's quite the little monkey. As we're getting boxes packed, we're running out of places to put them. So, this stack is in the living room, right in his view and reach. We have to watch him like a hawk, so he doesn't try to basejump off and take a nosedive onto the carpet that we are convinced has absolutely no padding underneath. Yeah, that would be a trip to the ER...

The Inservice was interesting today. We discussed classroom management, which is a bit of a weakness for me. I learned some approaches that I will incorporate with my students this year, like not arguing with a middle schooler, not giving them a dozen chances to do the right thing and not allowing downtime after a lesson. When they're bored, they're naughty. I am determined to be a more consistent and firm teacher this year. I know it will improve my reputation in my classroom as one to be respected and obeyed. It's worth a try.

This weekend is my husband and I's 6th wedding anniversary!! I can't believe that sometimes. I don't remember a time before I was married, or what is was like to refer to him as my "boyfriend", or to not have a boyfriend at all for that matter. Granted, the beginning of our marriage was mainly spent apart, thanks to the U.S. Army, it still seems like it's gone fast. We are planning to spend the whole day together, just the two of us. We are going to drive about an hour and a half north to walk around downtown, then go see "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest" and then come back to town and have an early dinner. Should be a nice, relaxing day. And Mason loves being at his babysitter's. And her kids love having him over. A good time for all.

So, after this week, don't be surprised if there's a lapse in the blog. I may have my hands full until I get some time management kinks worked out with my teaching. I'm sure I'll write a few before then, so not to fear! Just keep it in mind.

0 comments: